Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Day 4 and All is Well

I'm on day 4 of my Miracle Morning routine and it's going quite well. I'm also including some more of the book's techniques called SAVERS . . . Silence, Affirmations, Visualizations, Exercise, Reading, Scribing.



Now, I'm not far enough into the book to talk to four of these, but I hit two of them this morning. I did Silence and Exercise. It wasn't a lot of exercise like the other day, just an early morning dog walk, and instead of having the ear buds in to listen to music, I went with Silence.

Is it working?

First, yes, it's becoming easier and easier to wake up. I find myself to be less rushed and less harried each morning.

Second, with coffee, writing in the morning becomes much much more enjoyable. Right now I'm in the midst of writing a summary. I have a great start on my fourth book and a terrific short story that it's based on, but I don't have an outline or a direction for the book after the first few chapters. Writing out this summary is really helping with that.

I've always been more of a "pantser" than a "planner." I'm a write by the seat of my pants type of guy. But I'm beginning to believe that I need more a plan to write this fourth book, so I'm writing out the summary to figure these things out.

I wrote a hand-written summary the other day that was five or so journal pages, and now I'm typing it up, in the process it's being refined and added to.

So, does the Miracle Morning work? So far so good!